Listy-loo

Nothin' but lists. Lists morning noon and night. Lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Fave 80's fashion I remember . . .



Benetton- I always wanted stuff from this store and never could have it. No my parents weren't awful people. I was eight and the stuff was made for adults- or at least people that were the size of adults. The stores are still around but it just isn't the same.

Coca- Cola shirts- where I lived it was a big deal to have a Coca-Cola rugby shirt. They were bright & long sleeved. Why these were popular in Florida, where I grew up, I will never know. They were always so hot to wear. I have a picture of me and my friends from 6th grade and I am wearing my blue and yellow Coke shirt. Not flattering on an 11 year-old girl.

Z Cavarichi- I know you remember these! They had the label on the zipper. They were really puffy in the hip area. I never owned a pair. But everyone else seemed to have them. I think I was happy in my regular jeans.

Skids- these were those crazy colored plaid baggy pants. Again this fashion phenomenon occured in my middle school years. Those fads always seem to be the worst. Why were horrific pants so popular in the very late 80's? One word- Hammer.

British Knights- never had 'em. Don't think I know anyone who had 'em. But I do remember the commercials on MTV and it occured to me on the subway that I haven't seen this kind of shoe in years and years. Do they still exist or do you have to be a sneaker collector to find a pair?

Jordache-I hearted my Jordache jeans. The horse logo was the best.

Banana Republic-now, this was not the Banana Republic of today. When they first started out you could not buy a bridesmaid dress at BR. You could buy a safari vest or shorts. They sold safari wear. The store we had in our city had a girraffe sticking out of the roof. I think if you wanted a pith helmet they had them. It was that kind of place. The rage for us as kids was their T-shirts which had different African animals on them. I did have one of these!

8 Comments:

Blogger MXF said...

The Coca-Cola shirts! I wanted one...and my sister had this BR safari t-shirt that was like four sizes too big and I'd always steal it from her so I could wear it to school. I must also mention for the sake of the list...Billabong jackets, anyone?

7/22/2006 10:43 PM  
Blogger TinselTeeth said...

What about Tretorns? They were THE sneaker to wear in lower Alabama in the 80's!

7/23/2006 3:44 PM  
Blogger Shannonymous said...

Coca-Cola shirts were big in NJ too. I got one as a present for my 8th birthday but my dad wouldn't let me wear it. He said I shouldn't be endorsing something that was unhealthy (I wasn't allowed to drink it of course), and he said you should never endorse any product unless you're getting paid to do it.

I was EIGHT!!! (*sigh*) ;)

7/23/2006 5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about those Hypercolor shirts? Or is that 90's? Those were awesome.

I definitely remember the Coca-Cola shirts... alas I never had one.

7/23/2006 8:23 PM  
Blogger Listy-loo said...

I am not familiar with Tretorns, tinsel. I think some of this stuff is very regional. I also left out the Billabong/Gotcha/Roxy/OP stuff on purpose. I think that is general middle school thing. If you live near a place where you can surf and you are 12-14, you will wear some brand of surf clothes. I remember thinking that just happened in my middle school until lil' DG was that age. All she wanted to wear was Roxy stuff. That was what she and all her friends wore.

7/23/2006 11:40 PM  
Blogger VE said...

Cavarachis... You could tell them coming by that white stripe. I tight rolled the hell out of my one pair.

7/24/2006 4:12 PM  
Blogger MXF said...

Oh my...the thought of VE in a pair of Cavaricchis...too precious.

7/25/2006 12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

8/16/2006 12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home