Listy-loo

Nothin' but lists. Lists morning noon and night. Lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists.

Monday, July 09, 2007

Cinematic Cycles


The summer movie season is here. It seems to be all over the place. Someone still needs to explain to me how they made a movie out of Transformer toys. There are a lot of things on my list of "to see" but there is one particular genre that has me excited: the movie franchise. There are a couple of really good ones coming out this season. I have to go see them and I haven't been to the movies in months. Here is my list of

5 Favorite Movie Franchises

1) The Borne series- these are the thinking person's action movies. You have to pay attention and you also get awesome fight scenes. The first and only time I ever thought Matt Damon was hot was in the Borne Identity.

2) Die Hard series- these are the quintessential summer fun movies. If Die Hard With A Vengeance comes on, I have to watch it until it is over. Yippy Ky-A, motherfuckers!

3) Harry Potter series- I saw some of the movies before I started reading the books. Some of these movies are so much fun.

4) Lord Of The Rings series- nerd alert! I know, I was one of those people who waited at the open for the 2nd and 3rd LOTR movies. The stories really do stand the test of time. The films are very well made. This is the only series on the list that is complete.

5) Indiana Jones series- oh my, I can't wait to see this new one! I hope it is worth the wait. The 2nd one gave me nightmares as a kid. It was the one where they took the guy's heart out of his chest while it was still beating. Sean Connery was great in the 3rd one- what a charmer!

3 Comments:

Blogger Me:Unfiltered said...

I totally agree with you on the Matt Damon thing.

7/13/2007 12:22 PM  
Blogger Listy-loo said...

Glad to hear it isn't just me, Ben!

7/17/2007 11:06 PM  
Blogger Shannonymous said...

OMG I TOTALLY AGREE TOO!!! Matt Damon is AMAZING, especially as Jason Bourne.

7/23/2007 4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home