Listy-loo

Nothin' but lists. Lists morning noon and night. Lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists.

Friday, July 06, 2007

The MacGyver Syndrome


I have to admit it, I don't have the best luck. Weird things happen to me on a regular basis. Out of this I have developed the ability to fix things using the most odd means. Today was no different. How do you fix a broken flip flop when you are 12 blocks from home and there is nowhere to buy anything that resembles a replacement? Simple- use a key! There are lots of interesting little things you can use in an emergency situation. Here is my list of

6 Cool Emergency Quick Fixes

1) A Key To Fix a Flip Flop- just dig a new hole to put the thong back in the sole. When I did this today it worked great and lasted me until I got home from the park!

2) Erasures As Emergency Earring Backs- if you have ever seen "Just One Of The Guys", you probably know this one. It really works.

3) Thread Used As Dental Floss- At dinner at my Senior Prom, I got a poppy seed stuck in my front teeth. I went to the bathroom and tried to dig it out. A toothpick didn't work. No luck with anything. Then it occurred to me. I pulled a thread out of the seam of my dress and flossed it right out.

4) A Tampon For A Bloody Nose- you are going to look weird, there is no two ways about that. However, if you are really gushing this works. I think having a nose gushing blood looks worse than your nose with a tampon shoved up there. Thoughts?

5) Pantyhose As A Fan Belt- I am not sure where the fan belt is but I know that I can tie pantyhose together and use them as a replacement. Cool!

6) Matchbooks Make Good Nail Files- I hate hang nails. This is a good way to fix them. If you are out on the town, match books are readily available.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home