Listy-loo

Nothin' but lists. Lists morning noon and night. Lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists.

Monday, July 31, 2006

I hate those!


I am a general lover of food. I love to eat it, cook it. However I am not one of those foodies who will eat anything. There are some things that I just can't get over. I try. Really, I do. Here are the things I think I won't eat until I am old and grey.

1) Salmon- I have tried this more times than I care to count. I NEVER like it. It always tastes uber-fishy. Blech!

2) Egg Yolks- They are the sole reason I do not eat eggsalad. I would like to point out that not eating egg yolks does have a side benefit. I do not get all that bad cholesterol that are in eggs cause its all in the yolks, folks.

3) Raw Onion- I love cooked onions. My fave is the onion ring. If a raw onion is on my food I will pick it off. They are too strong for my palate. I just can't manage to get them down.

4) Beets- This is one of those gross foods from my childhood. I have gotten over most of them now but this one still gets me. I tried beets again at a fancy restaurant that makes everything good. I thought if they are good here, then they are good and I have been getting bad beets. They were bad at the said fancy restaurant.

5) Canned pasta products- I was the only kid I knew who didn't like Chef Boyaredee or Spaghetti-Os. I can't begin to verbalize how disgusting I think these products are. They are mushy and the sauce is like watered-down Heinz Ketchup. I think I would rather eat beets!

8 Comments:

Blogger MXF said...

This is a very upsetting post, LL. Aside from the canned pasta (I eat it sometimes, but it is not my favorite), I seriously L-O-V-E love all those other things. Bagel and lox? So delicious. Egg salad or poached eggs? My favorite. Raw onion? A must for a hamburger. Beet salad? Love it.

Can our friendship survive? Hmm...

7/31/2006 1:16 PM  
Blogger Listy-loo said...

Now I know who to give the onion slice from my hamburger to. You really like beets? Ugh!

7/31/2006 3:29 PM  
Blogger Listy-loo said...

PS-I do eat eggs, I just usually do the whites (love a poached egg whites). Scrambled eggs are the only time I do yolks!

7/31/2006 3:31 PM  
Blogger Shannonymous said...

MXF- you and my dad are the only people I know who like beets! =)

7/31/2006 4:01 PM  
Blogger VE said...

I was reared on Spaghetti-Os. They are still an active part of my 37-yr-old brother's diet.

7/31/2006 7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh, I cannot even look at canned pasta without my stomach turning. It's just not right.

I agree with the other things on all counts- except the egg salad. Man, I love that stuff.

7/31/2006 11:01 PM  
Blogger MXF said...

What's not to love about a beet? It's so sweet and is great with goat cheese and walnuts. If there is a beet salad on any menu, I will order it. There are so many other vegetables much more worthy of hate: Brussels sprouts; lima beans; peas...

8/01/2006 11:18 AM  
Blogger Listy-loo said...

mfx, here is a post idea for you: "In defense of the beet". I think it would be interesting to hear you sway people to try beets!

8/01/2006 2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home