Listy-loo

Nothin' but lists. Lists morning noon and night. Lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Sleepy Time Music


As a mom, my kid's bed time has become a very important part of my day. I have to admit to using the lazy parent's best friend to get him to sleep- the Ipod. Yup. Every night we read some books and then plug into dreamland via the best invention of the last few years. Singing Thud to bed takes at least twice as long. Music has always calmed him- ever since we brought him home from the hospital. Now when it comes to music for kids, the choices generally suck. Actually, they suck big time. Jay-Bee and I have found some bands that we listen to that put Thud to sleep PDQ.Now not all of these bands are mellow all the time. You may have to seek out their slow stuff but I promise it is worth the look! Here is my list of

Cool Bands/Musicians That Put Kids To Sleep

1) Nick Drake
2) Iron and Wine
3) Jack Johnson
4) Sufjan Stevens
5) Damien Rice
6) Allison Krauss
7) Elliot Smith
8) Tori Amos (of course!)

2 Comments:

Blogger TinselTeeth said...

I want the sleepytime mix!

10/16/2006 6:41 PM  
Blogger MXF said...

The thought of going to sleep with Nick Drake sounds so lovely. Tori Amost might give me nightmare though...God sometimes you just don't come through...not very soothing!

10/18/2006 2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home