Listy-loo

Nothin' but lists. Lists morning noon and night. Lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

A Little Inspiration


For some unknown reason I have been thinking a lot about women I really admire. Here is the list I have come up with. I would like to say that I really do admire all of the women in my family (for various reasons) and all of my girlfriends. If you aren't singled out on the list, it doesn't mean that I don't think great things about you!

You will also notice the name Margaret on here more than once. In case you are wondereing if I ever have a little girl she will be named Margaret!

1) My Mom- I could write a novel about what a strong woman my mother is, but I won't.

2) The Fink- she rocked the triathalon! She is always funny and is my sister in the Vagina!

3) Tinsel Teeth- she never fails to be anyone but herself. There is something so amazing about being in the presence of a person truly comfortable in their own skin.

4) Susan Prescott- such grace and strength at one of the most vulnerable moments of life. I hope I can conduct myself that way when dealing with the loss of people close to me.

5) My Nana- I loved all 5 feet of her! She had a hard life and did her best not to let it show. I am so greatful that I had her in my life.

6) Margaret Sanger- She told women it was OK to take control of their own bodies. It seems like such a simple and God-given right now (if you live in a blue state) but back in her day, this was earth shattering.

7) Margaret Cho- My generation's answer to Lenny Bruce. Bold and brash. Crazy and so funny, she will make you laugh until you throw up. Her pieces are personal and yet so universal. If you haven't heard her bit about the woman Gwen who came to wash her vagina, you haven't laughed. Ever!

8) Lucy Burns & Alice Paul- they went through awful trials and tribulations to help get women the vote. Ladies, next Tuesday when you are tired and don't want to vote or are cold and don't want to vote or whatever it is you can think of not to vote, remember this- women served jail time, went on a hunger strike, were force fed, and even died so that YOU could cast a ballot. I think of them everytime I am standing in line to pull that big lever.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If my vagina could talk, she would say that triathlons rock, but she felt violated by that bicycle. My vagina also loves this list.

11/07/2006 3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home