Listy-loo

Nothin' but lists. Lists morning noon and night. Lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Southern Belle


Truth be told, I am not really a Southerner. I was born in New Jersey, a fact my husband says in whispered tones. Although it was not my native place, growing up in the South gave me an appreciation for certain Southern things. I could eat fried chicken and drink sweet tea until I explode. I also developed a fondness and strong admiration for Southern women (no- not like that!). They are strong and yet have certain grace about them. Every time I think of any woman of this heritage, I immediately think of Steel Magnolias. I saw the movie even before I know the play existed. Then, two years later I did the play in high school. Now, every time I am around Southern women or are talking about Southern women, I quote this play (in my head mostly). Here is the list of my

9 Favorite Quotes From Steel Magnolias
1) "You know I love you more than my luggage!"

2) " He comes from a good ol' Southern family with good ol' Southern values. You either shoot it, stuff it, or marry it."

3) " I don't see plays cause I can nap at home for free."

4) "You know, I used to think you were crazy for marrying that man. Then for a few years I thought you were a glutton for punishment. Now I know you must be on some mission from God."

5) "You are a pig from hell!!"

6) "Janice Van Meter got hit in the head with a baseball. It was fabulous."

7) "The only difference between us and the animals is our ability to accessorize."

8) "I miss romance. The last romantic thing my husband did for me was back in 1972 when he enclosed this carport so I could support him."

9) "You have the handwriting of a serial killer."

2 Comments:

Blogger Shannonymous said...

my favorite is

"laughter through tears is my favorite emotion." =)

yay Southern women!!! (my mom's whole family is from South of the Mason Dixon Line)

2/08/2007 2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some of my favorites (with help from IMDB):
All gay men have track lightin'. And all gay men are named Mark, Rick, or Steve.

I'm not crazy, M'Lynn, I've just been in a very bad mood for 40 years!

Aww, thanks Ouiser. Nothin' like a good piece of ass.

Miss Truvy, I promise that my personal tragedy will not interfere with my ability to do good hair.

I would rather have thirty minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special.

Well, you know what they say: if you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me!

2/09/2007 6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home