Listy-loo

Nothin' but lists. Lists morning noon and night. Lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists.

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Don't Force It


At my house, the TV is usually my domain. I have the remote, I know what all the channels are, ect. At about 8 PM Jaybee and I assume the "positions". He sits at the computer and I am on the couch. For some reason, for the last month, Jaybee has taken over the TV. He likes to watch crap I am not the least bit interested in. Please hear me out. Here is my list of

TV I Am Forced To Watch

1) The Tour De France- I have to watch this every July. Sometimes I get to watch it in the morning (live) and again at night. I don't get road racing as a sport anyway. It's a team but only one guy wins? WTF? Also, Al Troutwig is the most annoying sports commentator alive and he always works the Tour.

2) UFC- I have ranted about this one before. It is still the most violent "real life" thing I have ever seen.

3) Motocross racing- Jaybee doesn't even like motorcycles. I am not sure why I have to suffer through this as well. I think I may have married a redneck and didn't even know it. Is that possible?
4) Thomas The Tank Engine- OK, so Jaybee doesn't make me watch this one- Thud does. That doesn't make it any better. This is one of the worst children's shows ever made. Its not even so ridiculous that you can poke fun at it. It is just dull. It also has no educational value whatsoever.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We share a common hatred of Al Trautwig. The morning Tour de France broadcasts with just Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwin are far, far better than the evening ones with Trautwig.

7/28/2007 11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, the fact that I will watch a few minutes of motocross racing while flipping through channels hardly merits mention here. It's necessary to balance out the vast amount of Food Network, Bridezillas and Baby Story shows I'm forced to watch.

I will say that watching the Tour de France, I was not pleased with all the ads for Ultimate Fighting-type shows on Versus. While I enjoy a good mixed martial arts fight, I don't like Thud seeing that, at all.

7/30/2007 10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I DVR Bridezillas and watch it guiltily by myself when no one is around. I can't even explain why I like it.

7/30/2007 1:17 PM  
Blogger The Fink said...

I love Bridezillas and made Big D watch several episodes the other day. Spoiler alert:

We were both sad for the woman who was left at the altar. Then totally lost any sympathy for her when she married the guy anyway.

7/31/2007 4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was horrible. I couldn't believe she married him anyway. She seemed mentally not-all-there to me.

7/31/2007 9:15 PM  
Blogger The Fink said...

She was definitely a can short of a six pack. But I mean, she did have point... the guy cried *REAL TEARS* so that means he's going to be a great husband.

8/01/2007 3:37 PM  
Blogger Listy-loo said...

Wait, what about her crazy daughter? I blamed her for everything. Maybe I should do a Bridezilla post. I am glad to hear y'all are fans too!

8/02/2007 8:51 PM  
Blogger Shannonymous said...

My in-laws-to-be are OBSESSED with tour de france. They totally ignore me (and anyone else in the house) when it is on!!! UGH. I think that every couple that lives together goes through this struggle with tv shows though. I make the boi watch an occaisional "Golden Girls" or "Days of Our Lives" episode, while he subjects me to sci fi and reality crap. But we agree on enough shows (Studio 60, Grey's, Fri. Night Lights, South Park, LOST, Medium) to make it worth while ;)

8/08/2007 4:27 PM  
Blogger JB said...

Ahh... The Tour? Come on, show some love... Hell you cycle in the Tri's... But I agree with you explicitly on the UFC crap!

JB

8/21/2007 10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words.

11/10/2008 4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home