Listy-loo

Nothin' but lists. Lists morning noon and night. Lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Bad Kids TV



Before I had little ones, I was one of those people who said "I'll never let my kids watch TV". Who was I kidding? Thud now watches TV every day. I try to limit it and he doesn't have the attention span to watch too much. Like anything, there are good TV shows for kids and there are some awful TV shows for kids. Sesame Street is still the best thing on for the little ones. They even have cool celebrity appearances. Today, Elmo made Robert DeNiro act like a dog. I am not kidding. There are shows I absolutely dread watching. I try to avoid those altogether but sometimes I am overruled. Here is my list of

5 Awful Kid's Shows

1) The Big Comfy Couch- there is nothing redeeming about this show. It has no educational value, the lead actress is terrible and I think it is Canadian!

2) Thomas The Tank Engine- Thud LOVES Thomas. It is the most boring show to watch. Luckily in the last few years, they have had George Carlin and Alec Baldwin narrating. However, even they can't manage to keep me awake.

3) Barney & Friends- I think this is one of the most annoying children's shows ever created. I don't know why it is even still on TV.

4) The Wonder Pets- The animation on this show really creeps me out. The characters voices really creep me out. Maybe this is funny if you watch it while you are high- I don't know.

5) The Doodlebops- Kids think these people are rock stars. They look like total freaks and sing the most annoying songs. Mark my words, they will be this generation's Barney!

4 Comments:

Blogger Shannonymous said...

I also dislike Caillou. What a whiner!

And Barney is the worst, most stupid piece of crap. I cannot even tolerate this show for the brief moment it's on while I'm changing channels!!!

My favorite (and my charges') these days is Pinky Dinky Doo. So fun, so creative, and so educational!!!!

10/24/2007 1:28 PM  
Blogger Shannonymous said...

PS- LOVED DeNiro on S.S. Also loved Julianne Moore & T.R. Knight. Thought Natalie Portman's appearance was a bit silly though.

10/24/2007 1:30 PM  
Blogger Listy-loo said...

I've never watched Caillou I now I probably won't ever!

10/26/2007 1:52 PM  
Blogger Marcos said...

I agree with all of your selections- as someone who has to actually watch these types of programs (and I mean actually watch them for my job), I get saddled with some doosies. I just had to watch 4 episodes of Franny's Feet- which was good. Fetch with Ruff Ruffman is also a fun version of Zoom! Thomas the Tank Engine is so boring- and Cailou is creepy!

11/01/2007 8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home