Listy-loo

Nothin' but lists. Lists morning noon and night. Lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Explain It To Me Like I'm A Five Year Old


I consider myself culturally astute. I try and try to be aware as to what is going on in the pop culture world. However, sometimes I come across something that everyone else is crazy about that I just do not get. If you have some kind of insight into any of the following items, please relay it to me. Here is my list of

5 Things I Don't Get

1) Justin Timberlake- why does everyone love him? There was so much hype about him going solo from NSYNC. How come? I keep waiting to be impressed and I am just not. Maybe I am too old to get JT. PS- I also feel this way about Joss Stone.

2) Uggs Boots- any stylist worth their salt will tell you this trend is dead cause it is awful. I never understood this because they are unflattering. This is a boot that makes super models look like they have cankles. It's NEVER pretty. I know a lot of people who own Uggs and I am sorry to be the one to tell you this but they are ugly and they make your legs look fat (and your legs probably aren't fat). Put the Uggs down, ladies.

3) 80's Trends- here is the deal with me and trends: if I can remember it the first time around or I wore it in the 6th grade, I am not wearing it again. Period. Not jelly shoes, not neon colors or legging or leg warmers. OK, maybe I would give leggings another try.

4) Fresh Direct- their customer service is so bad, I don't even know where it start with them. I know they are convenient, but who cares when it takes them 3 weeks to get a refund!

5) Curb Your Enthusiasm- This is just like Seinfeld, I can't seem to find the funny. Someone fill me in.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you on items 1, 2, 3 and 5. I disagree with 4 though. Granted I only used them a few times but they will deliver to you pretty much any time and they will come at the EXACT time you ask them to (give or take 20 minutes). Their food is also really top notch. Can't say about the refunds, but otherwise they get an A+ from me.

BenFranklin

9/19/2007 12:40 PM  
Blogger The Fink said...

I totally agree with you about 2,3,4, and 5.

FD drove me crazy toward the end... they were consistently late (by an hour or more), the fruit and vegetables were frequently rotten r on the verge, and the customer service is terrible. We loved them at first, but then they just started going down the tubes.

Also, out here everyone refers to Curb Your Enthusiasm as "curb". IT sounds ridiculous. I did find The Producers season amusing, but otherwise, I just don't get it.

9/19/2007 2:34 PM  
Blogger Shannonymous said...

I love JT's music, and boy can dance, but he is so girly to me- total Michael Jackson wanna-be (minus the pedophilia I hope). I can't understand why straight girls think he's sexy- he's just way to feminine for me.

Uggs are so ugly. You're right. I guess that's why they're called UGgs. But I borrowed my boss's once and they were UNBELIEVABLE comfy and warm!!! I wish I could afford a pair for this winder.

I also agree about "Curb." This show has NEVER made me laugh. It has, however, put me to sleep.

I do miss my jellies though... ;)

9/20/2007 1:40 PM  
Blogger Marcos said...

I totally agree with all of your points.

1. I think JT is cute, and some of his tunes are catchy- but I don't know why he thinks he's Stevie Wonder- and I hate vest thing he's doing.

2. I think Uggs are stupid.

3. When I was a child in the early 90's, the 70's came back. I asked my mom (who was a child of teen of the 70's) why she didn't want to get a pair of bell bottoms- she said once is enough. I personally hated everything about the 80's- I can't wait till the 90's comes back.

4. I once received 3 dozen broken eggs from Fresh Direct. Enough said.

5. "curb" makes me to anxious. It's my least favorite show.

9/23/2007 11:02 PM  
Blogger Listy-loo said...

I thought I was the only one on a lot of these things! Glad to know I am not alone.

9/24/2007 9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree on everything as well. Every Thing. So much so that I don't even need to explain myself here. YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

9/27/2007 5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home