Listy-loo

Nothin' but lists. Lists morning noon and night. Lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

It's Getting Hot In Here


I am barely through the first day of what is predicted to be a 4 day heat wave in NYC. What is a girl to do?

1) Get Naked- getting naked can be helpful in such hot weather. Don't forget to close your blinds and put something on if you need to answer your door. Thud is a big proponent of this idea. Since I can't just let him go naked (it would be the world's worst mess), he is tooling around in his baby boxers. Cute as fuck, I tell ya!

2) Take A Cold Bath- this is not something I normally do. In fact, I usually get the shower as hot as I can stand it. This week I will make an exception.

3) Eat Gazpacho- so yummy and delicious! I guess any cold soup would do really, but this one happens to be my fave cold soup.

4) Jack Up All Your Appliances- it is the only way we are going to get the people who run our nation's power grid to understand that the way we've been doing it sucks. I am appalled by the fact that there have been rolling blackouts in the nation's largest city for no real reason.

Enjoy the triple digits!

3 Comments:

Blogger Shannonymous said...

I also like to sit with an icepack on my back or propping my ankles up ;)

You can also go to the movies- did you know that some movie theatres in the city actually have matinees specifically for mommies and their babies? =)

8/02/2006 12:18 PM  
Blogger VE said...

Dude.
Just....
....dude.

8/02/2006 3:26 PM  
Blogger Shannonymous said...

if you get in the bath/shower when it's warm and then slowly make it colder, it's easier. By the end the water is freezing cold and you're totally refreshed, so even if you go right out into the 101 degrees, it takes you a while to thaw and get hot again. =)

8/03/2006 10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home