Listy-loo

Nothin' but lists. Lists morning noon and night. Lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists.

Monday, November 13, 2006

How Funny Is That?


I did something yesterday that I haven't done in months. I bought the Sunday New York Times. I can't tell you how excited I was to find that this week's NYT Magazine was all about comedy. It was fate!

One of the things they did in this particular issue of the magazine was to ask comedians (and other qualified funny people) what 5 comedies would you want on a deserted island. I usually find the "deserted island" lists a bit trite, but if it is good enough for the New York Times, it is certainly good enough for The Listy-Loo. Here is my list of

5 Comedies To Have On A Deserted Island


1) Waiting For Guffman- for the theater geek in me.

2) Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery- for the Mike Myers fan in me.

3) There's Something About Mary- for the dirty sense of humor in me.

4) When Harry Met Sally- for the die hard romantic in me.

5) Legally Blonde- for the feminist in me.

7 Comments:

Blogger Listy-loo said...

mmmmm . . .the South Park movie. I forgot about that one!

11/14/2006 8:08 AM  
Blogger Shannonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11/14/2006 3:28 PM  
Blogger Shannonymous said...

I'd have to say
"Elf"
"Chasing Amy" (this can count as a comedy, right?)
"Pulp Fiction" (gory, but still, a comedy in my book)
"Wedding Singer" (NEVER get tired of this one)
"Arrested Development, Season 2" (I know, it's not a "movie" but it is the funniest freakin' thing ever!)

11/14/2006 3:30 PM  
Blogger MXF said...

I second Elf. Smiling's my favorite! And although they're not technically comedies, I think you need a good musical in there so you can dance and sing on that island.

11/15/2006 4:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I think I'd have to go with sitcoms because there aren't a whole lot of comedy movies I love and I have a way short attention span. Although, When Harry Met Sally is my favorite movie of all time.

I think I'd go with:

Friends (all the seasons)
The Office (British and American)
Frasier (I have a weird crush on David Hyde Pierce)
Golden Girls (I want to be Bea Arthur when I grow up)
Cheers

11/20/2006 12:30 PM  
Blogger MXF said...

I am so watching Golden Girls when I go into labor. That is the best show of all time in my book.

11/21/2006 11:11 PM  
Blogger Listy-loo said...

I am glad that y'all share my obsessiveness about The Golden Girls. It is my fave show of all time.

11/27/2006 11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home