Listy-loo

Nothin' but lists. Lists morning noon and night. Lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Shake What I Gave Ya


As far as activites go these days, one of my favorites is dancing with Thud. He has been dancing since December and he can really get down sometimes. He won't dance to just anything though. I thought kiddie music would do the trick but those awful songs don't seem to work for him. I think my attempt to raise a music snob is working. Thud likes the grown-up tunes, preferreably indie rock. What can I say? Here is my list of

7 Songs That Make Thud Shake His Pampers

1) Changes David Bowie- this is a new one for him but it was a big hit right away.

2) She Don't Use Jelly Ben Folds Five- I happen to love this song and think its really fun. Thud agrees.

3) Fergalicious Fergie- so one morning I turned on VH1 and this came on. I hate this song with a purple passion and just as I was about to change the channel, I noticed it. The baby trying to dance his way out of his high chair. I guess some of my effort is in vein.

4) That Thing You Do The Oneders- the movie has been on cable a lot lately and since I always have the TV on for background noise, this has been on a bunch. Who cares- its super fun!

5) Old Dan Tucker Bruce Spingsteen- I actually learned this song in my 3rd grade music class. It is a great folk song and is fun to sing and dance around to!

6) When Will I Be Loved The Everly Brothers- here's something the grandparents can dance to also.

7) Fat Soul Skavoovie & The Epitones- I will give you a dollar if you can name another song by this band (no, not you Jay-Bee).

7 Comments:

Blogger Shannonymous said...

so true about Fergie songs- they are completely inane and sometimes even offensive in their stupidity, but REALLY easy to dance to! I can't help but groove when I hear "London Bridge" even though I cannot stand her!!!

2/11/2007 12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have "Humps" on my iPod so I can listen to it while I work out. I'm posting this as anonymous. Good day to you.

2/11/2007 5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find Fergie's eyebrows highly disturbing and cannot ever forget that she pissed her pants.

I can't wait to see Thud dance!!

2/11/2007 7:21 PM  
Blogger curseofleisure said...

My two year old daughter's favorite song is "Mr. Tough" by Yo La Tengo. She requests it whenever we get in the car and joyously sings along with it. As soon as it ends, she says, "Play Tough again?"

2/11/2007 11:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My next project is to get Thud hooked on Deerhoof.

2/13/2007 11:10 AM  
Blogger curseofleisure said...

Deerhoof, yeah! Had not thought about that. I'm gonna try that out on the Boo.

2/14/2007 11:44 AM  
Blogger MXF said...

Fergie's eyebrows are indeed cause for concern. My cousin's three-year old went through a Kelly Clarkson phase where she sang "Since U Been Gone" at the top of her lungs. Cute and annoying at the same time!

2/14/2007 5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home