Listy-loo

Nothin' but lists. Lists morning noon and night. Lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Changes


I, like Madonna, believe that the unexamined life is not worth living. I am always striving to be a better person. I know I have flaws. I am trying to fix them. Well, I know I can't fix everything but maybe make my flaws less than they are now. I guess there isn't much more to say than here is my list of

3 Flaws I'd Like To Fix

1) Impatient- I am not a good wait-er. I just hate sitting or standing around with nothing to do. I am also impatient in general with people. I thought becoming a mom would have given me more patience but it just didn't. At least not as much as I think I need. Every day I try to be a bit more of a patient parent than I was the day before. I am lucky that I have a kid who doesn't regularly test me.

2) Complainer- I like to complain. As an adult, I realized that I get this from my mother who also likes to complain. I will complain about anything really. I hear myself sometimes and think, "you're doing it again, just shut up" but its so ingrained in my behavior that it isn't that simple.

3) Procrastinate- yes, I too note the irony of this combined with flaw #1. I put off many things in my life that I just don't want to deal with. It always comes back to bite me in the ass later. Currently, it is my weight. I am now seeing the effects of being overweight for a while on my health. At least I know when the procrastinating has gone on too long.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your "flaws" are fairly common people traits. When I meet people who are really naturally patient, it freaks me out. They're like aliens to me.

8/01/2007 3:08 PM  
Blogger The Fink said...

I have all of these flaws, plus numerous others. I agree with Jane, I think it's human- and a function of living in New York. I'm so mean to slow West Coasters!!

8/01/2007 3:39 PM  
Blogger Listy-loo said...

I think I am more impatient than your average gal. I hide it well.

8/02/2007 8:54 PM  
Blogger Shannonymous said...

I second Jane & Fink- I also think it is practically impossible to be patient in this city because no one else is!!! Everyone is always rushing everyone else.

8/08/2007 4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home