Listy-loo

Nothin' but lists. Lists morning noon and night. Lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

No thank you!

As I sit and ponder my current job field I wonder about what I really want to be doing for a living. Like most people, it certainly isn't what I am doing now. Instead of pondering the boring "What do I want to do for a career?" I have been pondering what I do not want to do. I guess it is an attempt to really avoid making any kind of adult decision about a career choice. Here is my list of jobs I do not wish to try.

1) Stock Broker- I spent a summer in college working for a broker. They are gross people for the most part. How could you be that aggressive and still function normally in society I will never understand. This was also the most sexist work environment I have EVER seen. EVER.

2) Con Ed worker- People in my neck of the woods have been screaming at the Con Ed workers for almost 3 weeks. They are just the guys out doing repairs and people drive by and yell curse words at them all day. Then they have to go down into these smelly hot holes only to come up and have more people yelling more obscenities at them. That sucks.

3) Mortition- I guess the bottom line here is that I am not into "prettying" up death. It is what it is and it is also a natural part of life. Let it go- the dead people don't need make-up. Seriously, I will be pissed if someone buries me in make-up. Especially since I want to be creamated.

4) Bank Teller- I have done this job. It is such a shit job. First they pay you nothing to handle money all day. Wow- no temptation there! Then, people scream at you all day because they have no money. God, I hated that bank!

5) Accountant- I hate numbers (for irony see #4). I have not been good at math since the 6th grade. The human interaction on this job seems limited as well!

6) Coal Miner- Hot, hard and very dangerous.

1 Comments:

Blogger MXF said...

My cousin is a mortician. My uncle actually went to a funeral up here that my cousin worked on. All the mourners said to my uncle, "Wow, your son does such nice work." Yes, my uncle went to a funeral JUST to see his son's work.

8/03/2006 9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home