Listy-loo

Nothin' but lists. Lists morning noon and night. Lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Excuses


I have had a mild case of writer's block and am avoiding the blog. Here is my list of

5 Reasons I Haven't Done Any New Posts
1) Writer's Block- but I guess this cures that!

2) Thud's Been Busy- between play group and play dates ( I know, I hate that phrase too. I am seeking an alternative. Any suggestions?) I have had little time to myself.

3) It's Turning Into Homework- thus I thought a little break would be good for me.

4) Something (or someone) Is Sucking The Creativity Out Of Me- not sure what to do about this.

5) Feel Like Cleaning Is A Higher Priority- am I becoming one of those women? I think I may have an identity crisis on my hands!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Five alternate phrases for "play date" and how they would be used in a sentence:

1) Kid-times. "I drove Thud over to Timmy's for his kid-times."

2) Romp-around. "Thud, would you like to go to Timmy's for a romp-around?"

3) Hang-out. "Thud was with Timmy for a hang-out all afternoon so he's tired."

4) Toddle-talk. "I can't buy two tampons because Thud has a toddle-talk with Timmy later."

5) Nestling-space. "I called Timmy's mother because Thud wanted to have a nestling-space with Timmy."

ENJOY!

2/20/2007 6:25 PM  
Blogger MXF said...

Kid-Times! Let the Kid-Times roll!

2/21/2007 2:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, you can just call it "gay-date" to get parents talking about you.

2/21/2007 11:37 AM  
Blogger Me:Unfiltered said...

What about just saying that Thud went over to Timmy's to play. That's what my Mom used to say... Or "Thud, would you like to play at Timmy's?" etc.

2/21/2007 1:36 PM  
Blogger Listy-loo said...

Hmmm. I like kid times and romp around. Will present to other moms and be back with a verdict. Thanks Jane!

2/22/2007 7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home