Listy-loo

Nothin' but lists. Lists morning noon and night. Lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists.

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Earth Girls Are Pretty


On New Year's Eve of 2003, one of the resolutions I made was to use only all natural beauty products. Exception? Make-up. My only rule was if I was starving, I wanted to be able to turn to my hand lotion for nourishment if ABSOLUTELY necessary. Anyone care to guess how long this lasted? Close. I was able to hold out for about 3 months. All natural hair products suck. Especially if you have curly, dry hair like I do. After ditching my hippie beauty routine, some of the products managed to hang around. It is safe to say that I have become a fan of these earth friendly products. With Earth Day in mind here is my list of

5 Green Beauty Products Loved By LL

1) Burt's Bees Cinnamint Toothpaste- as I have mentioned to Jane, commercial toothpaste has all kinds of weird stuff in it. This brand is almost 100% natural and tastes pretty good. I haven't had a cavity since I started using this a few years ago.

2) Dr. Bronner's Almond Soap- I know you've seen this stuff before. It has the crazy rantings of some nut job written all over the label. It's all organic and you can use it for tons of stuff. I knew a wardrobe woman who used it as detergent and some campers brush their teeth with it. Yikes!

3) Alba Organics Hawaiian Cocoa Butter Hand and Body Lotion- this smells and feels divine. It is what Hawaiian Tropics should smell like. If you are ever wondering what to get me for a gift, a tube of this will do just fine!

4) Burt's Bees Baby line- I've roped the baby into this too. The lotion from them is great and their new baby wash rocks.

5) Tom's of Maine Deodorant- I still get to sweat (which you are supposed to do) but I just don't get that funk. You know what I mean. That smell of the guy who sat next to you on the train the other day. This company is all enviro- friendly and that crap too.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shannonymous said...

I LOVE DR. BRONNER'S! One bottle of this stuff cleans my hands, my apartment and my dishes. AWESOME! Almond is great but I also love the mint. ROCKS!!!! =D

4/22/2007 12:16 PM  
Blogger Listy-loo said...

I tried the mint and it stings on the delicate parts . . .I have sensitive skin!

4/23/2007 9:55 AM  
Blogger MXF said...

I use Tom's of Maine toothpaste and like it. I sometimes use Herbal Clear Sports deodorant which smells really musky and nice, but it doesn't cut it through a 12-hr day, so I use the old Secret solid too. Hopefully I won't get armpit cancer like all those chain letters said I would...

5/12/2007 9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home