Listy-loo

Nothin' but lists. Lists morning noon and night. Lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

International Flare


Going to college was a major culture shock to me. It was the whitest place I had EVER been. In high school my particular group of friends looked like the rainbow coalition. Everyone had a different cultural background and we all enjoyed the fact that we were diverse. This has now become one of my favorite features of NYC- all kinds of people from all kinds of places. This has been reinforced by of all places, the playground. I am kind of bummed I only speak English at home. The playground in our neighborhood is filled with little bilingual wonders. It is impressive to hear the smallest of children using the most complex language skillls. This would have never happened in Florida. I am glad to be raising my kid in NYC! Here is a list of

6 Languages Spoken At Our Playground (besides English)
1) Spanish
2) French
3) Serbian
4) Albanian
5) Japanese
6) Italian

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thud's second language will be "southern."

4/06/2007 12:11 PM  
Blogger Shannonymous said...

So cool. I have learned how to say hello and I love you in about 12 differnent languages. Now I just need to learn how to say "where is the bathroom" and "may I have a beer" and I'll be all set. =)

4/07/2007 12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home