Listy-loo

Nothin' but lists. Lists morning noon and night. Lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists.

Monday, April 09, 2007

What Dreams May Come


I never thought I would have bad dreams as an adult. I am not sure why. I guess it seemed the thing that little children suffer from. That isn't the case. The other night I woke up startled and panting. A bad dream. My bad dreams seem to have reoccurring themes. The bad guys are usually the same. Here is my list of

3 Villains From My Nightmares
1) Darth Vader- this is one from my childhood. The mask & scary voice! I get scared just thinking about it. In my head he is the ultimate bad guy. I feel silly that he still shows up in my head at night.

2) Saddam Hussein- he is a new scary guy for me. I just had a horrible dream about him the other night. I never found him particularly frightening on the news or anything so I am confused by his presence. When I told Jay Bee about the dream the next morning he said "LL, he's dead. He can't hurt you anymore."

3) Vampires- they are always chasing me in my dreams. Why? Chasing is a big theme too for my nightmares. Maybe I need to see a therapist.

6 Comments:

Blogger Shannonymous said...

I have bad dreams too, but they're more realistic, like my dog getting hit by a car... I think you're pretty normal, LL.

4/09/2007 4:04 PM  
Blogger The Fink said...

Most of mine also involve chasing... in a long hallway. No fun. :(

4/09/2007 9:10 PM  
Blogger TinselTeeth said...

I've been having scary dreams lately, too--the other night a cat had ahold of my fingers and wouldn't let go. I know it sounds funny, but I was screaming in my sleep and woke myself up. It wasn't funny.

4/09/2007 10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have bad dreams that involve packing for a trip and forgetting something. That, and my teeth falling out are my bad dreams. You're normal.

4/10/2007 8:31 AM  
Blogger Shannonymous said...

Oh I have the teeth falling out dreams too! And lots of times when I'm going down the stairs in the subway I imagine falling and knocking my teeth out- while I'm awake!!!!! I think a certain amount of fear, concious or not, is healthy; it keeps us careful.

4/12/2007 3:10 PM  
Blogger Listy-loo said...

I also have the teeth falling out dreams. Those are so vivid. It is supposed to mean that you feel sexually inadequate.

4/23/2007 9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home