Listy-loo

Nothin' but lists. Lists morning noon and night. Lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists.

Friday, March 16, 2007

Mmmm. . . Junk Food


I love junk food. I really do. I try very hard not to eat it anymore. It's not good for you. It makes you fat, blah, blah, blah. I was raised on junk food. I always felt sorry for those kids that got carrots or fruit in their lunches. My mom usually packed Doritos. God I love her. So having been raised by people brought up in the 50's & 60's processed foods were no big deal. Without further ado (and many apologies to Michellephant), here is my list of


20 All Time Favorite Junk Food (rules- drinks ok, fast food ok, no candy, must have little to no nutritional value)

1) Doritos- all time best junk food ever. Nacho cheese only please!

2) Funyuns- love anything onion flavor.

3) Twinkies- I tried to make a trifle with Twinkies once. It was awesome.

4) Dunkin' Donuts Jelly Doughnut- ok so all the Southern folks are freaking out right now, How could this not be Krispy Kreme? This is a childhood favorite. I was raised on Dunkin' Donuts. The jelly is the right flavor and they are rolled in granulated sugar. Yeah!

5) Big Mac- I try so hard not to eat fast food. Try as I might, every once in a while I have to have a Big Mac. So good for something so bad for you.

6) Cheetos- crunchy AND cheesy? Sign me up.

7) Little Debbie Fudge Rounds- I used to eat these at my friend Shayna's house after school while we watched Inspector Gadget. Memories. And cue Barbara Streisand.

8) BBQ Fritos- call me white trash but I adore these.

9) Original Chex Mix- you can make this stuff or buy it in a bag. So much easier to buy it in a bag.

10) Nutter Butters- they are shaped like little peanuts! Did I mention they are yummy?

11) E.L. Fudge Sandwich Cookies- I am talking about the vanilla cookies that are shaped like elves and filled with fudge. C'mon. That description makes you want one, doesn't it?

12) Tostitos Natural Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips- these are the best tortilla chips on the market. Don't mind the natural on the label. They are still fried salty goodness!

13) Ruffles Natural Sea Salt Potato Chips- I am not a huge potato chip person. When I tell you I can eat an entire bag, know that this makes these the best potato chips ever!

14) Snyder's Honey Mustard and Onion Nibblers- pretzels are fairly healthy on the junk food scale. Anything with this flavor combo is winner.

15) Slim Jim's- I am one of those people who will grab a Slim Jim if it is sitting at a convenience store register. Whatever you do, don't squeeze a Slim Jim. If you do, you won't ever eat one again.

16) Slurpees- Only Coke flavored slurpees for me. I always get these when I go back to Florida.

17) Strawberry Frosted Pop Tarts- the perfect sugar rush for the morning!

18) Coca-Cola- If I could drink Coke all day I would. My stomach doesn't let me in my old age.

19) Oreos- a classic- the little black dress of junk food if you will. Who doesn't like Oreos?

20) Lay's BBQ Potato Chips- this was what I would eat on Saturday nights when I was a kid. I used to stay up and watch comedy on HBO and SNL after everyone else had gone to bed. Lays BBQ and funny just go together for me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was the kid with carrots in her lunch box put there by my evil yet healthy mother while other kids got fun stuff.
I don't like anything on your list except Coca-Cola and Oreos. And every now and then and only on a roadtrip, I'll have a bite of a slim jim. Oh, and I'll take in a BK whopper (over a Big Mac) a couple of times a year. I do love a good whopper. The rest of your list are items I only see at parties.

But if you leave a chunk of any kind of chocolate within 8 yards of me, I will eat it.

3/17/2007 3:23 AM  
Blogger TinselTeeth said...

I have a new appreciation of Oreos after "Beyond Therapy"! I love the fudge-covered ones, but nothing beats a tall glass of milk and some good ol' oreos.

3/17/2007 1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home