Listy-loo

Nothin' but lists. Lists morning noon and night. Lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists.

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Hate Is Not A Family Value


I had some interesting feelings the other day when I launched CNN.com and found out the Jerry Falwell had died. I don't wish death on anyone. Not even someone who thinks I am going to burn in Hell for all eternity. Then I was a bit relieved that there would be one less hate-monger in the world. It is strange to me that a totally crazy person can become a spiritual leader to many many people and then get on TV to preach ignorance and intolerance. If you don't have your Jerry Falwell quotes memorized, I will be happy to refresh your mind. After looking at all these ridiculous statements, I wept for man kind. I have to say that there were many of these to choose from. Here is my list of

8 Of The Most Ridiculous Jerry Falwell Statements

1) " Billy Graham is the chief servant of Satan in America."- Wow. I guess that whole "us against them" thing didn't wash with Jerry. My MIL who teaches Bible study every week to 400 women loves Billy Graham. I don't think she would agree with this one.

2) "If you're not a born-again Christian, you're a failure as a human being."- This is just so ego driven. Maybe billions of people COULD be wrong.

3) "I had a student ask me, 'Could the Saviour you believe in save Osama Bin Laden?' Of course, we know the blood of Jesus Christ can save him and then he must be executed."- The sanctity of life thing only applies to the unborn. I didn't know that- thanks for clearing that up, Jer.

4) "The ACLU's got to take a lot of the blame for this (Sept. 11th)"- I was unaware that the ACLU had that much power. I thought the Christian right took that away from them.

5) "AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals."- Well, this is just hate and ignorance run amok. Jerry sure hated the gays. That makes me wonder. Many psychologists think that what you hate the most can sometimes be what you actually are. I am not saying Jerry Falwell was gay but maybe.

6) "Grown men should not be having sex with prostitutes unless they are married to them."- I don't even know where to start with this one. There are so many things to make fun of and it is such a short quote!

7) "Christians, like slaves and soldiers, ask no questions."- (mouth agape in horror)

8) " He is purple- the gay pride color; and his antenna is shaped like a triangle- the gay pride symbol. The character, whose voice is that of a little boy, has been found carrying a red purse in many episodes and has become a favorite character among gay groups world wide."- This means that Jerry Falwell watched more than 1 episode of The Teletubbies. Scary!

3 Comments:

Blogger The Fink said...

He was apalling.

I don't wish death on anyone, but I have to say I wasn't sad to hear about this. We could all do with a little less hate being spewed forth.

5/20/2007 8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if he's shocked to find himself in a hell.

5/21/2007 1:17 PM  
Blogger Shannonymous said...

AMEN TO ALL 3 OF YOU SISTERS!!!!!!! =)

5/21/2007 3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home