Listy-loo

Nothin' but lists. Lists morning noon and night. Lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

White Trash Wedding


I have just watched the end of a show on My 9 called America's Trashiest Weddings. Wow- they weren't kidding. Being trashy is a bit like being crazy. If you have the wherewithal to ask yourself if you are being trashy, then you are probably OK. The last wedding they showed left me with my mouth hanging open. I guess this list is the closest I am going to get to a "You might be a redneck" joke. Here is my list of

6 Ways To Know You Are Having A White Trash Wedding

1) They Have To Pixilate Your Wedding Cake- I didn't realize it would occur to anyone to have something on a wedding cake that you couldn't show on network TV. But then again see #2

2) Wedding Reception At Strip Club- Yeah! You have it at a strip club cause that's where the bride works. I am not making this up. She also got in to the "shower" on stage with her new hubby and several "co-workers".

3) Fist Fight At Bachelor Party!

4) Girls Making Out At Bachelorette Party- I have been to a few bachelorette parties and this has NEVER happened. If you have that need in you, didn't you get it out of your system in college ?

5) Hairstylist For The Bride Is A Little Person- no, LP's are not white trash. But if you saw this salon in Reno, you would get where I am coming from.

6) After vows, First Thing Couple Does Is Light Up- Usually once a couple is dismissed by their officiant, they walk out of the church/chapel/wedding site and you can see them kiss or hug or something cute and romantic and private. What does a WT couple do? Bust out the smokey treats ASAP. I think they may have even squirreled the cigs. How sweet!

2 Comments:

Blogger Shannonymous said...

#7- you are registered at Wal-Mart
#8- you have your reception in a basement with no windows
#9- the groom wears a wife-beater and cut-off jeans to the reception
#10-the happy couple grinds on the dance floor at the reception, in front of everyone

these 4 are courtesy of my distant cousin's wedding (I heard about it from other family members). soooo glad I missed it!!!

5/02/2007 2:30 PM  
Blogger The Fink said...

Your groom is wearing leather underwear with no pants.

Blowup dolls are only one aspect of your wedding decor.

Your cake looks like a pile of meat.

Yes, that happened at a wedding I attended.

A fist fight broke out at my dad's bar mitzvah. Yay alcoholism!

5/02/2007 10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home