Listy-loo

Nothin' but lists. Lists morning noon and night. Lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Bad Badder Baddest


Jane has offered a bit of a challenge to me. She just did an entry on 8 Interesting Things About Me and passed the torch on to me. My problem is that I can't think of 8 Interesting Things About Me since I did my list of 100 Things About Me. I thought and thought all day. Then it came to me in a flash. Today's list is of all the things I am bad at. Pull up a chair and get comfy. Here is my list of

8 Things I Am Bad At

1) Cleaning- I have mentioned this before. I usually am just going for tidy when I am cleaning up. This almost always means that after I clean up I find something left behind.

2) Scrabble and Rummikube- my mom is the master Scrabble player. I have never won a game of Scrabble in my life and I have only won like 4 games of Rummikube. My brain just doesn't work that way I guess.

3) Lying- I don't like to lie so when I do it, I have all the classic tells. I usually get busted.

4) Keeping It In- if something is bothering me, I have to talk about it. I can't just be silent.

5) Making Risotto- I can cook a lot of things, and this isn't one of them. I almost always screw it up. It is either under done and chewy or a mushy mess. I just can't seem to get it right.

6) Running- I still walk a good portion of the running leg of all my triathlons. One day I will really be able to run, I hope!

7) Skiing- never let a Florida girl on a ski slope. It was pathetic when I tried down hill skiing. Little kids went zooming past me pointing and laughing. They even had to stop the tow rope on the bunny hill cause I got caught up in it. Mortifying!

8) Writing- ironic for someone with a blog. Jaybee says it was because I never had to write a lot of papers in college. I just think I never worked out my writing "muscle". Part of why I decided to start doing this blog was to improve my writing skills.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some of the things you mentioned can improve with time and practice. If you're into that sort of thing.

And I'll count this as completing the task I presented to you. You're right, you did 100 things and that's way more than 8.

8/16/2007 12:53 AM  
Blogger Me:Unfiltered said...

And you said you couldn't do it! Don't be too hard on yourself. I consider myself farely accomplished at cooking and risotto is freaking hard.

8/16/2007 12:22 PM  
Blogger Shannonymous said...

didn't you ever take a Tom Cook class? I feel like I had to write SOOOOOO many papers for him (not that I minded).

PS- I second that: risotto is WICKED HARD!

8/19/2007 4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home