Listy-loo

Nothin' but lists. Lists morning noon and night. Lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists.

Monday, November 26, 2007

Reading List


I have developed a bit of a reading list as of late. Really it is just my ADD kicking in. I start one book and then put it down and pick something else up. So I know have a few things gathered on the night stand. I would like to share them with you. I know, I am too kind! Here is my list of

Listy Loo's Current Reading List

1) Julie and Julia: My Year of Cooking Dangerously by Julie Powell I just finished this book last night. It has been a while since I have read a book that hit so close to home. It is about a 30-ish girl living in LIC NYC with her husband and is a bit lost. She decides to cook every recipe in Julia Child's book Mastering The Art Of French Cooking in one year. If you feel a bit lost in your life, read this book. It will give you hope!

2) Toddler 411 by Dr. Ari Brown and Denise Fields A great parental go to. I bought this because Thud was a little out of control and I wanted to know how to "check" him. It is easy to read and co-written by a doctor and a mother. I like this much better than the "What To Expect" series.

3) Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee by Dee Brown This is the one book I haven't started. I have to admit I have not started it because I am afraid. I know a very little bit of the history in this book. I have a very sneaking suspicion that the events in this book are going to be much more horrifying than what I already know about. I will let you know how it goes.

4) Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Dr. Marc Weissbluth Babies aren't born knowing how to sleep. You have to teach them and this book teaches you how to teach them. It also gives you solutions to sleep problems from ages 0-18. Not a bad gift for a new mom. Again, I was having sleep issues with Thud so this was purchased. Money well spent!

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannonymous said...

I'll definitely check out 2 & 4!

When you're done with those, check out this one:

http://shannonymous.blogspot.com/2007/10/read-this-book.html

11/27/2007 2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home