Listy-loo

Nothin' but lists. Lists morning noon and night. Lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Home Is Where Your Hat Is


This happens at our house every time this time of year. Getting back from suburbia and getting back into our urban routine is a bit jarring. The debate on moving continues. Since Jay-bee has nixed Florida as an option permanently, I have come up with some ideas in my own head. Here is my list of

5 Cities I Could Live In Besides NYC

1) Santa Fe, NM- i love this town! It is small and creative and interesting. If I could find a job there I would be packing my bags right now.

2) Raleigh/ Durham, NC- there are lots of things that are great about this part of NC. I could go on and on. Part of the draw is one of my good friends lives there! Oh yeah, and BBQ. Not Yankee BBQ. Real BBQ.

3) Atlanta, GA- I think this is about as far south as I could swing it. I need some change of seasons. I think they still get that in ATL.

4) Washington, DC- I have spent some time there and each time I go there I think "I could live here". It really is like NYC except politics are the focus of the town, not money and the arts.

5) Minneapolis, MN- the only thing that would keep this from happening would be the cold. Yikes! But Minneapolis has this really cool edge to it. They have a great art scene and my favorite store in the whole entire world has their corporate headquarters there.

6 Comments:

Blogger Shannonymous said...

OMG LOOOOOOVE Sante Fe & Atlanta. D.C. is cool too but I'd rather be warm ;)

1/09/2008 10:36 PM  
Blogger The Fink said...

SANTA FE! SANTA FE! SANTA FE!

It would give us such a good excuse to visit all the time! Plus- Gabriel's.

1/10/2008 12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not Raleigh, Winston-Salem/Greensboro. With a weekend house in the mountains around Asheville... ;)

Sure I can't talk you into Boulder or Salt Lake City?

1/10/2008 2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I lived in Santa Fe for four years. It's fabulous but it's not warm. It gets four seasons and has real winters with real snow. It's in the mountains. I don't think I'd live there again. Maybe I'd have a summer home there that I could use for a few months.

1/11/2008 4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS BLOG!!!

i even linked to it - awesome job!

this was actually the first other blog I found on blogspot after making my own!

again, great job!

1/13/2008 10:06 PM  
Blogger Listy-loo said...

Thanks supercody. I am just tryin' to have a little fun!

1/14/2008 3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home