Listy-loo

Nothin' but lists. Lists morning noon and night. Lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists.

Friday, March 14, 2008

Mrs. Krabappel


Over the course of this week, several incidents have occurred that have left me feeling very old. I am not old. I am 31. The average life span of an American woman today is 79. I am not even half way there. This week I felt like I was at 70 and holding! I am chalking it up to a weird week. I am going to a spinning class tomorrow for the first time. I am hoping the combination of some serious exercise and doing something new will get me out of this rut. But for now here is the list of

5 Signs I Am Getting Old

1) Chasing Teens- not in the Deborah Lafave way (I went to the same high school as her BTW), but in the "Get off my lawn" kind of way. Except I live in NYC and don't have a lawn. I have a fire escape. So when I heard people on my fire escape the other day I got scared. I thought someone was trying to break in to my apartment. Once I realized it was teens trying to take pictures, I shooed them away like an old granny.

2) Best Plastic Bags- when digging out a bag for a friend, I thought "No I'll get her a Target bag. Those are the best." Yes, I think Target has the best plastic bags. The question is who the fuck cares? Old people, that's who.

3) Catch Phrases- I am stuck in the middle. I am either saying things at my son that my mother and grandmother said to me. That makes me feel old every day. Or I find myself using the phrases that the kids use. You know, the internet speak. Then I feel like an old asshole.

4) Tired- I am tired like in my bones and my soul. I think motherhood brings you a tired you never really recover from.

5) Illness- I get aches and pains and then I have a tendency to be a "worse case scenario" thinker. That means the usual health stuff sends me freaking out to WebMD.com to look up what kind of grave illness I may have.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad about the illness one. That's not age, that's from living on this filthy planet. I woke up this morning with a stiff neck and thought, "I bet that's spinal menengitis."

3/16/2008 5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got a package in the mail from my school. It said "you need a menengitis vaccine if you are:
1. going to live in the dorms.
2. doing research on menengitis.
3. traveling to Africa.

I think that sums up why you feel old. .. Living in this city is dirty.
You can't be old because you're only 2 years older than me. If you are old, i'm on the brink of old. not acceptable.

3/23/2008 7:58 AM  
Blogger Listy-loo said...

We are old, my friend.

3/24/2008 8:02 AM  
Blogger Shannonymous said...

We are NOT old. WE ARE FABULOUS!!!!

Great to see you today.

Would love to hear your thoughts...

http://shannonymous.blogspot.com

3/25/2008 12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home