Listy-loo

Nothin' but lists. Lists morning noon and night. Lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists.

Friday, February 29, 2008

Very Scary


I finally got around to seeing No Country For Old Men this week. Holy crap it was suspenseful! Even Jay-bee was covering his eyes at one point. Now at night when I close my eyes to go to sleep, I can't get images of Javier Bardem out of my head. He really scared me. A lot. I am a big sissy pants when it comes to movies. I get scared fairly easily. Here is my list of

8 Scary Movie Villains

1) Dr Hannibal Lecter- just hearing his voice makes me almost wet my pants. It is true- some one who is calm is much scarier than a screaming lunatic.

2) Darth Vader- my childhood nightmare. I still have bad dreams every once in a while with him as the bad guy.

3) Anton Chigurh- the newest scary guy. I mean REALLY scary.

4) Max Cady- I think DeNiro is scarier in the remake of Cape Fear. What a psycho. I saw this movie in high school and as a teenage girl, it unnerved me to no end.

5) Bruce The Shark- more childhood trauma. Seriously, who lets a 4 year old watch Jaws? My parents. I am still afraid to go into the ocean, even when swimming in a triathlon!

6) Buffalo Bill/ Jame Gumb- another psycho from Silence Of The Lambs. For me the creepiest thing about him was he could have been someone you bumped into during the course of your every day life.

7) Joan Crawford- show Mommy Dearest to your 12 year old and they will straighten up and fly right if you know what I mean. She is still the scariest mom in town.

8) Jack Torrance- I didn't see The Shining until I got to college and it kept me awake for days afterwards. Jack is brilliant and it is Stephen King at his best.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree wholeheartedly with all of these. I would add the guy who ripped the other guy's heart out of his chest in Indiana Jones Temple of Doom.

fink

2/29/2008 1:38 PM  
Blogger Shannonymous said...

I am still afraid to go deep into the ocean because of JAWS too. Wanna see something really scary though? Check out Amy Ryan in "Gone Baby Gone." I just blogged about it. She gives Joan Crawford a real run for her money.

Bad parents are the scariest villains of all.

Thud is a lucky boy!!!!!

3/01/2008 12:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great list! I'd have to add ET, but that's because my parents made me see in when I was like 3, so I didn't get that he was supposed to be a good guy. He was just creepy and wrinkled, kinda like grandpa's friends at the home.

3/01/2008 8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home