Listy-loo

Nothin' but lists. Lists morning noon and night. Lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

He Says, He Says


This entry is an update on the kiddie front. For those of you who know little Thud, he has been talking for a while now and he talks a lot! Now he has moved on to say things that would be on that old TV show, "Kids Say The Darndest Things". Here is my list of

5 Sassy Things Thud Has Said Recently

1) "Mom, you take your hair down." My son didn't like it the other day when I put my hair in a ponytail. I now know how it feels to live under a dictatorship.

2) "Mamaw and Papaw need to come visit us."- Yes, little one, your grandparents can just drop their lives and run 1200 miles north for a visit. Jeez! My in-laws are thinking about coming for a vis it in April. I hope Thud can wait that long!

3) "No nap, no quiet time!"- I am now putting in 12 hour mommy days with no break. I thought that was against union rules. My son has been not taking his regular nap for the past 5 weeks. It is the current bain of my existence.

4) "You take your green shirt off"- Thud said this and then tried to forcibly remove my shirt from me. Thank God we weren't in public. He was very angry about the fact that I had a green shirt on. What is wrong with this kid?

5) "I hit my Mom."- I am admitting my most embarrassing parental flaw to the world right here. When my son gets upset, mad, frustrated, angry, etc. he says "I hit my Mom" and then attempts a few swings at me. I am mortified by this behavior and have taken steps to correct it. They are having little success. Ggrrrr!

8 Comments:

Blogger TinselTeeth said...

I think this is your funniest post yet. I can't stop laughing. If you're thinking of getting rid of your ponytail holders and green shirts, I'm first in line!

2/20/2008 6:58 PM  
Blogger Listy-loo said...

I am glad you can laugh at my pain!

2/21/2008 3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oddly enough, my near two year old does something similar Lynn. I grab both of his hands, get down on his level, tell him firmly,"NO! You do not hit Daddy!" and then divert his attention to something else. He has been doing it less and less.

2/21/2008 11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somebody's been watching supernanny.

Don't worry, we watch too. That was the first technique we tried, and we still try it. No dice. This is beyond a parenting 101 problem...

2/22/2008 8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Psychological then?

2/22/2008 10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amelia used to hit me. We removed her claws and she stopped. Hmm, maybe that's not appropriate for a human baby.

I'm sending you "baby magically moves out of the terrible twos immediately" vibes.

fink

2/22/2008 11:57 PM  
Blogger Listy-loo said...

John P- that is what I have been doing for the last 6 months with little change (he also gets a time out)

Anon- perhaps. I am saving for therapy for him.

Fink- yeah, I can't think of anything "removable" on Thud. However, I am open to suggestions.

2/24/2008 8:51 AM  
Blogger Shannonymous said...

Gotta put your foot down about the nap thing. I know it's tough but you gotta do it, for the mental health of all involved. Don't be afraid to get a little loud and scary; it worked for me and the little ones thank me later with lots of hugs and "I love you"s.

2/25/2008 10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home