Listy-loo

Nothin' but lists. Lists morning noon and night. Lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists.

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Freezer-licious


In the process of nesting, something has occurred to me. No one is coming to fill the deep freezer like last time so I better get to thinking PDQ. That is ok by me. I like to cook. What I have trouble with is coming up with things to make. Now I have to come up with things to make that can freeze well. Yikes. That I am not so good at. You will notice that this particular list is short. Very short. That is because this particular entry is an attempt to gather ideas and suggestions. PLEASE leave some ideas behind so that my family is not living off of pot pie and soup. Here is my list of

4 Meals That Freeze Well

1) Soup- almost any kind of soup freezes well! My two current faves are black bean and a dairy free tomato.

2) Lasagna- just your basic one. I do put spinach in mine to bump up the nutritional factor in mine.

3) Chicken Enchilada Casserole-a recipe from my MIL that is awesome. It takes a little time but it is so yummy!

4) Pot Pie- I actually haven't made this and then frozen it yet. We shall see how it goes. I am sure it will be fine.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I freeze pot pie all the time. It'll be fine!

Any casseroles that involve beans, meat and noodles will freeze well. So will barbeque! Make crock pot barbeque (http://daintycooking.blogspot.com/2007/03/my-ridiculous-nc-style-crock-pot-bbq.html) and you can freeze leftovers forever.

Here are some of my recipes (they're all healthy, too) that freeze well:
http://daintycooking.blogspot.com/2008/01/crab-cakes.html
http://daintycooking.blogspot.com/2007/04/chicken-roulades.html
http://daintycooking.blogspot.com/2007/03/pasta-bake-with-sausage.html
http://daintycooking.blogspot.com/2007/12/beef-and-veggie-casserole.html
http://daintycooking.blogspot.com/2007/06/mac-n-cheese-daint-eased.html

Good luck! Wish I was there to help stock your freezer!

9/03/2008 5:35 PM  
Blogger Listy-loo said...

I knew you would come through!! Thanks!

9/03/2008 10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, it's my present for the baby. :)

9/04/2008 9:52 AM  
Blogger Shannonymous said...

Stuffed peppers freeze well too. If you like stuffed peppers. =)

9/04/2008 6:47 PM  
Blogger Listy-loo said...

I hadn't thought about peppers. Thanks hon!

9/05/2008 10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sauce? Pasta sauces- pesto, marinara. Pasta takes like 10 minutes then you just toss the sauce on. Of course, you could just buy it, but at least if you make it you can make big batches and control the nutrition content.

Jambalaya or etouffee- probably add the rice at the last minute.

And my grandmother used to make a vegetarian chili for me in big batches and divide it into serving sizes so I could just pop it in the microwave when I wanted it. Vegetarian or not, chili is always filling and yummy.

And I want that enchilada recipe! I'll have to check to see if it's in the book you gave me!

fink

9/05/2008 12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home