Listy-loo

Nothin' but lists. Lists morning noon and night. Lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Night Stand


If you couldn't guess from the length between posts, I am running a bit dry on ideas for the blog. I am about to post the lamest post I've done in a while. Here is my list of

7 Things On My Night Stand

1) A Toy Backhoe- it doesn't belong to me but somehow it ended up in my space.

2) Tweezers- I think I was plucking my eyebrows and they just ended up there. That happens a lot in our house.

3) 3 Books- Toddler 411, Ladies of Liberty, and a book on Silver Springs in Florida. I can recommend the first 2 books but the third was a freebie that Jay-bee brought home from work. Nothing terribly interesting.

4) TONY Kids- this issue is about real estate and calls Queens the new Brooklyn if you have kids. My neighborhood is first in the article of places to live in NYC. This is frightening to me. I don't want any more people in our neighborhood. We still don't have a grocery store to speak of or a library.

5) A Light bulb- I bought one of those FCBs to replace the bulb in my lamp. Anything to be greener. Except those new bulbs have mercury in them. Yuck!

6) A Mother's Day Card- I got this while I was still in bed on Mother's Day so it stayed close by.

7) Cheap Eats London Guide- I leave a week from tonight and it looks like food is going to be my biggest expense. I am doing a thorough investigation of cheap food around the city. I hope it works out. I don't want to pay $35 for meals for 5 days.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are those the lightbulbs that are sort of coiled looking? I saw something on the news about them causing migraines. Always like to pass on the fear mongering of my local news.

I can no longer remember the places I ate cheap in London. I can only remember the place where I drank- Marlborough Arms. I recommend it- very chill pub. Indian food tends to be cheap and superyummy there. Have fun!!!

thefink

5/14/2008 12:56 PM  
Blogger Listy-loo said...

Causing migraines? I wouldn't be surprised, they have mercury in them . I won't physically touch them. I use a cloth to put them in place.

5/14/2008 8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was half asleep when I saw it, but it had something to do with the light it was producing. We've been using one and I do think the light is odd.

thefink

5/15/2008 1:53 AM  
Blogger Marcos said...

The good part about London is that they have some convenient food. So for breakfast, we often ate Starbucks (there was one in front of our hotel). I brought Special K bars (which I normally ate for Breakfast). That kept costs down, and don't take much room up in the suitcase. For lunch we had a lot of museum food which wasn't as expensive as American museum food. Snacks were handled by Tesco- the 7/11 equivalent. The good part about Tesco is that they have bakery goods like cookies!!!

Dinners were really expensive- I don't recomend going to places that are in books because they tended to be the more expensive places. We room serviced it one night because it ended up being cheaper.

-cos

5/15/2008 1:42 PM  
Blogger Listy-loo said...

Thanks Cosa!!!

5/15/2008 4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home