Listy-loo

Nothin' but lists. Lists morning noon and night. Lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

By Any Other Name?


My absolute favorite part of being pregnant is coming up with a name for the baby-to-be. I live for it. I pour over baby name books. I dig up old family names, take suggestions, and mull over name combinations. On Monday I am going for my 20 week sonogram and we will find out the sex of Baby B. This will narrow down the field by 50%, hopefully making the job a bit easier. My other half knows that I am a bit obsessive in the naming process. He sent me an article the other day which had the world's worst names in it. Now I have discussed weird celeb kid names before but these are names from everyday people. I remind you that these are REAL names. Here is my list of

8 Worst Names In The World
1) Number 16 Bus Shelter
2) Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii
3) Fish and Chips
4) Yeah Detroit
5) Benson and Hedges
6) Sex Fruit
7) Violence
8) Variable

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Sex Fruit Violence or Yeah Detroit Benson and Hedges like you're asking the city for some ciggies. You could always name it after the town you conceived him/her in... look how well it worked for my inlaws!
fink

7/30/2008 11:14 PM  
Blogger Listy-loo said...

We thought about doing that with Thud as well but Florida City doesn't have such a catchy ring to it!!!

7/31/2008 9:42 AM  
Blogger Sojourner (You Can't Handle the) Truth said...

I would like the record to show that names 1-4 are from NEW ZEALAND!!! quote from the article i read about "talula" says

"A lawyer for Talula Does the Hula From Hawaii said the girl is so embarrassed by her name that friends know her as 'K.'"

I mean, it's child abuse is what it is.

7/31/2008 10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know a good, old-fashioned name you never see any more?

Adolf.

Just a thought. I mean, really are the odds that there would be TWO insane dictators named that?! Your kid would be bound to turn out ok.

7/31/2008 3:10 PM  
Blogger Shannonymous said...

Yeah I think a judge ruled that the parents have to change her name in that Talula case!

9/04/2008 6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home