Listy-loo

Nothin' but lists. Lists morning noon and night. Lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists.

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Weatherly


Being from Florida and still having a good deal of my family still living there, hurricane season is always of interest to me. I have been watching a lot of the Weather Channel lately and I have to say, I feel a little bit smarter! I always learn something new from the boring people there. I have picked up some new words along the way and I thought I would share my favorite weather terms with you. If you want to know what each of these terms mean, go to the NOAA website! Kill some time at your boring job! I wanted to blog about Sarah Palin but that seemed too easy and thinking about her makes my blood pressure skyrocket. So here is my list of

8 Awesome Meteorology Terms

1) Cone of Uncertainty- my favorite hurricane term. It sounds like ice cream from a sketchy truck in your 'hood.

2) Anticyclone- but hey, who isn't anticyclone.

3) Doldrums- this is a real weather word. I thought it was just a fun adjective.

4) Anvil Zits- how can I pass up a term that has the word zit in it to describe weather!

5) Blustery- I like this word just because it reminds me of Winnie The Pooh.

6) Depth Hoar- This made me laugh out loud when I read it.

7) Dry Slot- Maybe if you aren't a depth hoar you have a dry slot. I dunno.

8) Suction Vortex- Maybe similar to depth hoar. Maybe not.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the funniest thing I've ever read involving weather. Depth Hoar indeed!

Here's my attempt to use them all (inappropriately) in a sentence:

It was a blustery day and Winnie the Pooh was in the doldrum, so he called on his favorite depth hoar who was suffering from a dry slot and some anvil zits: "The world is just a cone of uncertaintly today," Winnie thought of the anticyclone day as he meandered home to his cozy suction vortex.

9/07/2008 12:48 PM  
Blogger Listy-loo said...

Impressive. You literary people sure are smart!

9/08/2008 8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home