Listy-loo

Nothin' but lists. Lists morning noon and night. Lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Miss Michellephant


As some of you may or may not know, my dear friend Michellephant is moving away and in a few short days will be living on the other side of this very large country. I am sad. I am also happy in a way. She is starting a new part of her life which promises to be exciting and fulfiilling. My wish for her is that it is all she hopes it to be. And that she and Snowman find a great apartment.

In an ode to my pachydermic pal, here is a list of all of the things I will miss about her.

1) Barneys- I always have someone to go to the Barney's Warehouse sale in Michellephant. You have to be a certain kind of person to even go to the sale. She took me there for the first time and I know that it just won't be the same without her- in either season.

2) Brunch- It just won't be the same without her.

3) Honesty- I can always count on Ms M for a no-nonsense opinion. She is my go-to gal.Everyone should have a friend like that. Seriously, if you don't have that one honest frined, get one.

4) Crafts- No one I know is as crafty as Ms M. She is one of those people who does crafts that even people who craft are not familiar with. She just so happens to be good at all of them. I still think she should start her own greeting card business.

5) Tea- The song goes "Two for tea and tea for two" but for us it has always been three for tea. I think Tinsel Teeth will agree with me that tea won't be quite the same without her.

6) Girl's Night- Every time another one of my girls moves away, the Girl's Night of the early days changes. They get much less frequent with each loss. Now they are down to non-existant. I am worried with Michellephant's move they will be extinct.

7) Babysitting- It is great occasion to come home from a date with Jay-Bee and have no complaints from the babysitter. It is also great to have no complaints from Thud the next morning. Michellephant and Snowman, you will be the yardstick by which all other babysitters will be measured.

I could go on and on. You are lucky. I won't!

Ms M, I wish you the best as you journey out West in search of knowledge and other things. May your trip be safe andyour gas milage good. I love you more than my luggage!

2 Comments:

Blogger MXF said...

Man...I wasn't prepared for such a heartwarming post! Thanks, LL! I won't write up a list, but the thing I'll miss most about you is just talking...always funny, entertaining, enlightening, life-affirming, comforting...irreplacable.

8/14/2006 7:24 PM  
Blogger Shannonymous said...

awwwwwwwww! =(

8/17/2006 3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home