Listy-loo

Nothin' but lists. Lists morning noon and night. Lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Sports Anyone?


This summer I have been made to watch more than my fair share of sports. I actually like sports and will watch all the norms. I am a huge college football fan! There are some sports that they now show on TV that I just do not get at all. So here is my list of the 8 Most Unwatchable Sports Shown on TV

1) Ultimate Fighting Challenge- This is the most violent thing I have ever seen on television. The object of UFC is to beat another living person to a pulp. This is one of Jay Bee's favorite shows. How sad.

2) Dodge Ball- I can't believe that this has had a resugence in popularity because of a Vince Vaughn movie. What a waste of TV time.

3) Road Bike Racing- I am forced to watch the Tour de France every summer. I can not think of anything more tedious. I think what irritates me the most about road bike racing is the "team" element of it. You can be on the "winning" team but not actually win the Tour. Only one person wins the Tour. So you work you ass off for a month and don't get to win? What?

4) Bass Fishing- Is it really a sport if you can do it fat and drunk?

5) Billards- I like to play pool. It can be a nice addition to a night of drinks. Watching it on TV is just a snore. Who cares?

6) Nascar- Rednecks going around in a circle. Sounds like my high school gym class. No thanks!

7) Golf- I hate golf. To me it is pointless. The outfits are ugly and and you drive everywhere. It is also eliteist and sexist.

8) Poker- Another thing I like to do but not watch. I don't care who wins and what their nicknames are. I don't care if they have some kind of weird get-up. Just play cards, man. At your house on Friday with your buddies. Not on TV where I may have to watch.

1 Comments:

Blogger MXF said...

I agree with most of this list...but not billiards...I actually like watching it, for some odd reason. Seriously, why do I like watching billiards? What's wrong with me?

Let's not forget to add curling to the list of snooze-inducing sports!

8/14/2006 7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home