Listy-loo

Nothin' but lists. Lists morning noon and night. Lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

TV Cameos



Since I graduated from college I have had several incidents of sitting down to watch TV only to end up screaming and pointing to the screen like an idiot."Oh my God! Someone I know is on TV", I shreik at Jay-Bee. Actually, that is the point. I went to school to be in the entertainment business. I should know people on TV. Here is my list of

8 People I Know That Have Been On TV

1) Michael- I did my first summer of summer stock with Michael . He is such a great guy. He was on an episode of

Ed
. He played a football player that flunked out of school and missed his chance to succeed in life.

2) Richie- I worked on his variety show at Caroline's Comedy Club a few years ago. He was playing a janitor on
Law & Order:SVU
. I have to say it was weird.

3) Moody- He was in the variety show at Caroline's and is a stand-up comic. He is very funny, which was why I was so excited to see him on
Last Comic Standing
this season. I don't think he made it past the 3rd round. That's ok though I think that show is totally bogus.

4) Eric
- Eric is an ex of one of my friends. I spent a few days with him in the Adarondacks over New Year's weekend a few years ago. Sure enough that was him on
Queer Eye
last week. He did one of the weight loss make-overs and then had an acting showcase at Studio 54. Good for you Eric!

5) Chris- No one will recognize him from his Broadway role in Wicked but he landed a show on the WB. He is on that show
Twins
. Yeah, I never heard of it either. Then one of my other friends said he was on it so I had to watch it. It was awful. Sorry!

6) Nick- I think Nick is now a retired actor. We went to college together and he was always one of the most talented people in out program. I was not surprised when someone called me to tell me he was going to be on Homicide: Life On The Streets. He played a smarmee internet bookie. It was great!

7) Joey- Joey was also part of the variety show crew. In fact he was really the star of the show. I have seen him on TV several times since I worked with him. He was on Comedy Central with his own half-hour special and then he is on Martha on occasion. Yes Martha Stewart's show. He is her warm-up comic and appears on camera every so often. For Halloween last year Martha was Jane and Joey was her Tarzan. He really is one of my favorite people in show business ever.

8) Jon- I also went to college with Jon (picking up on the pattern yet?). One night at 2:30 AM I couldn't sleep so I was watching some wedding show on TLC. It was one of those shows where for $5000 budget you let your friends plan your entire wedding. One of Jon's friends was getting married in LA and he was in on the planning. How funny. He really is a good organizer so he was great at it. I couldn't call anyone about this at the time cause it was really late at night. I wanted to though!

3 Comments:

Blogger VE said...

Don't forget Sean Johnson of Dawson's Creek fame!!

9/01/2006 4:35 PM  
Blogger VE said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9/01/2006 4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also Sean Johnson of 7th Heaven fame!

I see people all the time... just saw a classmate in a commercial and have seen a different classmate on Rescue Me and L&O: SVU.

9/02/2006 4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home