Listy-loo

Nothin' but lists. Lists morning noon and night. Lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Kiddie Cinema


Every once in a while, a movie comes on TV and I just can't wait until my kid is old enough to watch it. I love movies and I want to share them with the little ones. I have a little while to wait so I thought I'd share with you. Here is my list of

8 Great Movies From My Childhood

1) Goonies- isn't this on everyone's list? From the treasure to the cool "water slides" to the bad guys, it just doesn't get any better than this.

2) Return Of The Jedi- from the Ewoks to the revelation of what Darth Vader looked like under that scary mask, this is a must.

3) Revenge Of The Nerds- my parents let us watch anything so I saw this at like 7 years old. So inappropriate but soooooo funny.

4) Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory- way better than that POS they put out a few years ago with Johnny Depp. The music and Gene Wilder make this the classic that it is.

5) Labyrinth- can this be the same Jennifer Connelly from Requiem For A Dream? It is and David Bowie is a great bad guy. The puppetry is from Jim Henson so it is just a great flick all around!

6) The Princess Bride- a great love story made palatable for kids? Inconceivable!

7) The Parent Trap- Not the one with La Lohan. The 1963 original with Hailey Mills. It is awesome. Of course there is music involved. I wish I could find this somewhere on DVD.

8) The Pirate Movie- if I had seen this as an adult, I would have hated it. It is cheesy and silly but as a kid that totally appealed to me. I also got a small dose of culture with this one because this is a take off of The Pirates Of Penzance.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In 5th grade, our teacher showed us a movie he was in as a child actor... the film 2000 Maniacs. He's even in the IMDB credits- Vince Santos.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058694/

I don't recommend this as a kiddie movie. He didn't return to teaching the following year...

3/15/2007 11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I kept reading that as "Puberty by Jim Henson." Ha ha ha...

I should rent most of these again. I've... never seen Goonies.

3/15/2007 12:11 PM  
Blogger Me:Unfiltered said...

OMG! I love The Pirate Movie! You never see it anywhere no one I know has even heard of it!! You just made my day.

BFF

3/15/2007 12:35 PM  
Blogger Listy-loo said...

Jane- run out and rent Goonies RIGHT NOW!!! And don't make popcorn for it. This movie requires diabetes-inducing candies like Sour Patch Kids and Nerds.

Benfranklin- I talked to someone at a party about The Pirate Movie for like 30 minutes. The person had a hard bound copy of the score that they checked out from the Performing Arts Library at Lincoln Center. Who knew?

3/15/2007 5:20 PM  
Blogger Shannonymous said...

OMG YES! Goonies rocks and you gotta have some ice cream and chocolate to watch it- remember the ice cream scene?!?! AWESOME! Labrinth is amazing too- I still sing that song all the time: "You remind me of the babe..." YAY! I gotta rent that NOW!

3/15/2007 7:24 PM  
Blogger Shannonymous said...

You've even inspired me to change my MySpace profile song!!! =D

3/15/2007 7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll netflix it right now. And I will eat chocolate when I watch it. Not like I need an excuse to eat chocolate but having one is good.

3/15/2007 11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home