Listy-loo

Nothin' but lists. Lists morning noon and night. Lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Bottoms Up


I was a bit of a late bloomer when it came to the consumption of alcoholic beverages. I started to get my drink on during the summer after my freshman year of college. Yes- I did manage to get through an entire college year without drinking. A miracle! Now that I have a diminished social life and a waist line that is not to my liking, I am thinking about giving up libations all together. Of course, this makes me think of all the drinks I like. Here is my list of

5 Favorite Drinks

1) Sangria- this is my fave drink of all time. This place in my neighborhood makes the best sangria I have ever had, La Vuelta. I drink this all summer. Good thing its winter.

2) Margarita- I like mine on the rocks with good tequila. Frozen is not my thing for these.

3) Rum Runner- this is my favorite frozen drink. They are popular in Florida. I moved here and tried to order one and the bartender looked at me like I was high.

4) LIC Iced Tea- Lounge 47 makes this particular drink. It is better than the regular LI Iced Tea and just as potent. This is a good drink to get when you are low on funds but you need a good buzz that will last a bit.

5) Red Truck Red Wine- we have one bottle left from Christmas. Maybe I will cook with it instead of drink with it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Shannonymous said...

El Faro in the West Village makes AMAZING Sangria too- and the food rocks!

1/23/2008 10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like hell you'll cook with it. Your husband's not joining you in this silly abstinence thing...

xoxo

PS- I love that you don't like beer. It's bad enough that you eat my ice cream...

1/23/2008 2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never been a big drinker, in fact I can count the number of hangovers I've had on one hand. So I didn't think it would be a big deal to not drink during pregnancy, but it has been harder...and sadder...than I thought. I want a glass of wine with my dinner damnit!

BenFranklin

1/24/2008 9:48 AM  
Blogger The Dainty Deb said...

I need to send you some of the homemade moonshine my kids keep bringing me. They also make wine with any and all fruit they can lay their grubby little paws on. I bet NYC doesn't have a good, downhome, moonshine bar! You could make a killing! And maybe make people go blind!

1/27/2008 1:51 PM  
Blogger Listy-loo said...

Deb- you know I have been planning a southern restaurant to open here in NYC cause there really no southern food here. Maybe you could run the bar? And what is up with kids bringing teachers homemade hooch?

1/28/2008 2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home