Listy-loo

Nothin' but lists. Lists morning noon and night. Lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists.

Sunday, March 30, 2008

All By Myself


A rare thing just happened in my home.The boys have gone and I am by myself. Usually the only way I have time to myself is by leaving and going into Manhattan. I really like being alone sometimes. I think everyone needs time to themselves. Everyone needs time to do some things they want to do. Now that I know for sure that I have a few hours to kill without having to worry about anyone else, I am making my list. Here is my list of

5 Things I Do When Home Alone

1) Listen To Music- I have music on a lot in our house but it isn't always what I want to hear. Now, I can blast what I want as loud as I want. Right now I am listening to "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz over and over. Not sure why though, it really isn't my style but it is catchy. I can't help but fall for catchy.

2) Do My Hair- blow drying my hair is about a 20 minute task. I don't always have 20 minutes. I love having my hair straight so any chance I get some time to do it, I do!

3) Read- even if it is just a new magazine. Reading with no one to bother you is such a luxury in my life. Reading in peace and quiet is not the same as reading on the train. It just isn't.

4) Shower- another activity I don't always manage to find time for. It is the reality of being a parent to a young child. I am hoping that taking Thud to pre-K next fall will permit me to get my showering schedule back on track like it used to be. Although, I do have to add I don't think it is healthy to shower every day.

5) Clean- I don't want to do this during my precious time but it is so much easier to accomplish. I can be a bit more detailed. Things look like I cleaned instead of looking like I have just tidied up. Luckily there are no dishes to do. Jay-bee did them all last night!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you, Listy, for coming out there in favor of NOT showering each day. I personally have always thought it was obsessive to do so. Also, I think it removes important bacteria that we need to build up tolerances. That being said, I'm an every-other-day kind of girl.
Also, can I add you to my blog roll? I heart your junk and want to cement that love in a blog roll.

3/30/2008 6:25 PM  
Blogger Listy-loo said...

Oh, I would love to be on your blog roll. I am about to overhaul my roll so I will return the favor as well! I have already sent a link of your blog out to all my teacher friends.

3/31/2008 9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing says "we're tight" on the interwebs like being on shared blog rolls!!

3/31/2008 7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home