Listy-loo

Nothin' but lists. Lists morning noon and night. Lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists.

Friday, March 28, 2008

Idiot Box 2.0


Thud watches TV. It is not his activity of choice. He would rather be at the park running and playing. I am grateful for that! However, there is some routine to our TV watching. We usually watch the same stuff every day during the week. Weekends are all over the place so those days are much less predictable. I feel like I have been discussing children's TV with a lot of adults lately. These conversations are so odd. It is strange to break down the merits of Wow Wow Wubbzy! in an intellectual way. I just thought this might be something people are interested in. Here is my list of

6 TV Shows/ Movies Thud Loves

1) Sesame Street- If I had to choose one thing he could watch it would be Sesame Street. It really is the only children's show on television with true educational value. Plus, it has cool guests like REM and Tina Fey!

2) Max & Ruby- I am pretty sure I have seen every episode of this show ever made. It has absolutely NO educational content. The one redeeming thing about it is that it isn't a very commercial show. That means I don't have to buy all the crap that the toy companies make. There isn't a Max & Ruby section at Toy R Us like there is with Dora.

3) Cars- This has become our rainy day movie. We don't watch the whole thing but it sure is fun. I actually really like Cars.

4) Mary Poppins- I grew up watching this. I am glad that Thud likes it too! The music is awesome and anything with Julie Andrews in it is awesome. Except maybe The Princess Diaries. God, what the fuck was she thinking with that movie and its sequel?

5) Yo! Gabba Gabba!- This is the cool hip show on Nickelodeon. We don't see it very often but it is fun when we do catch it. I feel like I might not be cool enough to watch this show.

6) Curious George- We watch the movie of this, not the show. We haven't watched it in a bit but Thud always thinks George is very funny. He is always screaming at me, "Look Mom, what is George doing?" So cute!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home