Listy-loo

Nothin' but lists. Lists morning noon and night. Lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists.

Monday, April 07, 2008

Happy Addiction


My husband and I share an addiction. We LOVE magazines. Can't have enough. Never. We have a bunch of subscriptions and still buy off the newsstand. It is a bit over the top. Magazines are perfect for people with short attention spans and people who like visual images. Here is my list of

7 Favorite Magazines

1) Cooks Illustrated- for the foodie in all of us. No ads, kick ass recipes and great tips, tricks and advice on tools. Every cooks dream!

2) Bust- fun and funky, they always have great people on the cover. The smart alt girls zine. I have subscribed to this for a long time. I even give subscriptions as Christmas gifts!

3) Dwell- a modern home/architecture magazine with a green theme. This is awesome. Beautiful homes that are modern. Beautiful homes that are environmentally responsible. They also talk a lot about prefab homes. I am really into those!

4) Martha Stewart Living- a classic, never to go out of style. So what if the crafts are not possible to replicate? Who cares if my decorating style isn't Connecticut country with an unlimited budget? I will buy this magazine until I die!

5) Wired- this is just one of the most interesting magazines around. They always have great articles. They could be boring and dry but they aren't. If you even think you like science, read this one. You won't be sorry.

6) Marie Claire- they do a good job of being a mainstream magazine that has something to say. They are a big supporter of V-Day and run a column every month written by Mariane Pearl about injustices to women around the world. They also have great beauty tips!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sojourner (You Can't Handle the) Truth said...

I also love Marie Claire, and I've been looking for a way to send them a blacktress's resume for years now.

I hear BUST is the BEST, and your endorsement of it is the push I need to run to the newsstands (well, that, and the Amy Poehler cover).

I kid you not.

Bring me Thud.

4/09/2008 7:17 AM  
Blogger Listy-loo said...

That would be awesome to work at Marie Claire. I would be jealous.

I can't say enough good things about Bust. Amy Sedaris and Tiny Fey have also been cover girls.

I may be coming by your place of work soon to drop Thud off while I go to the GYN. I brought him with me last time & he freaked out! Can't figure out why.

4/09/2008 10:59 AM  
Blogger MXF said...

I also love magazines (duh, since I worked for Time Inc.). I will read any magazine in the doctor's office, even Fit Pregnancy. MSL will always be my favorite, although I've been reading it for so long, she is starting to repeat some of her crafting ideas!

5/12/2008 5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home