Listy-loo

Nothin' but lists. Lists morning noon and night. Lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists.

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Sesame Street


I watch SS 5 days a week as many of you know. I have come to adore it as TV. Short and sweet, here is my list of

5 Reasons Sesame Street is Awesome

1) It is smart- it is one of the few children's shows that have true educational value. I think it is a contributing factor to Thud's strong verbal skills.

2) It's filmed in Queens- yup, just one 'hood north of us is Sesame Street. Well, not really but Kaufman Astoria Studios is but a bus ride away. I love it!

3) It's Retro- they still run stock footage from 1981. I like that there is something low tech about it. Some of the actors are still the same too. It will be a sad day when Maria retires!

4) It isn't annoying- many many kids shows are obnoxious! Either the stories are ridiculous or the child actors seem like they have been given an OD of adderol and have been shoved in front of the camera. SS is never like that.

5) Memories - because it is a bit retro, I get a bit nostalgic watching it. I also love that Thud enjoys something that I enjoyed as a kid.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good call about the obnoxious factor. There is nothing more hateful on this earth than an irritating kids show.

4/08/2008 4:57 PM  
Blogger Listy-loo said...

I don't even let shows like Barney or Teletubbies near my TV. Yuck!

4/09/2008 11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home