Listy-loo

Nothin' but lists. Lists morning noon and night. Lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists, lists.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Wishes


I have picked up a good many tricks along the path that is my life. I have tried many things and pursued a lot of interests. I have to say there isn't a whole lot left that I want to attempt. Every once in a while I am reminded that there are some things I still can't do- not because I am not good at. It is because I haven't tried. Here is the list of


4Things I Wish I Could Do

1) Garden- I have many relatives who garden. Hell, my step father owns a nursery. I can't keep a plant alive to save my life. The minute I have the space (IE a yard) I will be inviting all of my gardening relatives over to help and teach me.

2) Ski- I grew up in Florida. Guess what? There is no snow there! I went skiing for the first time at 26. It was a disaster. However, I am an idiot so I would like to try it one more time before I give up on it completely.

3) Speak Another Language- Oh, I took the required 2 years of a foreign language in high school (French if you must know). That doesn't mean that I can really speak it. I think the only thing I could do is order in a restaurant. Not too helpful when traveling. At least I know I won't starve in France.

4) Play Guitar- I am not sure why but I just always wanted to learn it. Maybe I have been listening to the Indigo Girls for too long!

1 Comments:

Blogger MXF said...

I have been studying a lot of French this semester. Here are my two favorite phrases:

J m'en fiche!
[I don't give a damn!]

Je vais en faire de la chair a saucisse!
[This means "I'll make mincemeat out of him!" and is best said while brandishing fist menacingly overhead.]

5/12/2008 5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home